Accessories You Need Before Bringing Puppy Home
Pet accessories are an important part of taking care of your dog. Generally, we use accessories to accentuate the beauty of things. When it comes to pet care accessories are used to protect your pet from harmful elements. You can also gain a lot of satisfaction from buying accessories for your pet.
There is a wide variety to choose from and you might wonder where to start, particularly if this is your first pet. Here are some tips on what to look for when choosing accessories for your pet:
1. Food and water bowls: The most important thing about choosing good bowls is that they are not easily tipped over. You will probably want to check that especially the water bowl is pretty sturdy. It’s vital that your dog has free access to water at all times and one of the ways people are doing this is by buying large water systems for their pets. Much like human watering systems, these will keep your dog with fresh water for longer.
2. Dog Collar: Whether you want a plain or fancy variety – collars are important and will be an item you use daily. This means the comfort and fit are important. Experts recommend a space between the dog’s neck and the collar to be at least 2 fingers wide. A collar should never be too loose or too tight. Make sure you get a good fit and take your dog along when you buying a collar.
3. Dog leash: It’s not hard to choose a leash – you just want to keep in mind that it needs to be strong enough to hold your dog. Leashes are often sold clearly marked with the breeds the leash is suitable for.
4. Grooming accessories: Depending on the kind of breed you have the amount of grooming accessories needed will vary. If you have a dog that will need relatively little grooming, that is with a short coat, then you will need only a basic toolkit.
You will need:
These are the basics.
There are many other products you can use to keep your dog clean and fragrant. If you have a more high maintenance dog you will need these plus a wider variety of brushes and combs to care for your pets coat and grooming needs.
5. Dog houses: If your dog will be sleeping outside then it’s important that they have their own place for shelter. A dog house will keep your dog out of the harsh sunlight or rain or even snow. When choosing a dog house try to choose the right size. The dog should fit snuggly inside with enough space to move around.
6. Dog beds: If your dog will be spending time inside it’s also a good idea to buy a dog bed. This gives your dog a ‘retreat’ and they will value having their own comfy space where they can go when cold or sleepy. Again just try to choose the right size. Many dog beds are designed for specific breeds so you won’t have a problem finding a bed for your dog.
7. Dog toys and treats: Most dogs love playing, and just like children, love being spoilt. It is especially important if you are away for long periods of time that your dog has something to play with. It’s best to give them a variety of toys; this will keep them away from your slippers!
Again the most important thing is the size. Treats and toys should be size appropriate. If the toy is too big they won’t be able to play with it and it won’t be fun for anyone. There is a wide variety of toys for your dog to chew, play, and bite. Spend some time choosing some fun toys for your dog. These are the most important accessories you will need for your dog. There are many more things you could buy your dog but by catering for the items on this list your dog should have everything he needs to be a healthy, happy dog.
A Final Word
We do not accept money, gifts, samples, or other incentives in exchange for special consideration in preparing our reviews.
However, we do receive a referral fee from online retailers (like Amazon) when readers click over to their website from ours. This policy helps support the operation of our blog and keeps access to all our content free to the public.